COBIT 5® Foundation Workshop
The COBIT 5® Foundation course is a 3-day, interactive, classroom-based learning experience. Participants learn about the need for an IT governance framework and how COBIT® addresses this need by providing the latest thinking in enterprise-wide governance of IT. This course explains the elements and supporting materials of the COBIT® framework using a logical and example-driven approach for everyone interested in obtaining Foundation-level knowledge of COBIT®.
The purpose of the Foundation Certificate is to confirm that a candidate has sufficient knowledge and understanding of the COBIT 5® Guidance and Management of enterprise IT, create awareness with their business executives and senior IT Management; assess the current state of their Enterprise IT with the objective of scoping what aspects of COBIT 5® would be appropriate to implement.
A wide range of business managers, IT management consultants, IT governance professionals, and auditors who wish to gain a better understanding of COBIT 5® and the benefits for their organization.
- Business Management
- Chief Executives
- IT/IS Auditors
- Information Security and IT Practitioners
- IT/IS Management looking to gain an insight into the Enterprise Governance of IT and looking to be certified as a COBIT® Implementer or Assessor
The candidate should understand the key principals and terminology within COBIT 5®. Specifically the candidate should know and understand :
- The major drivers for the development of a Framework.
- The business benefits of using COBIT 5®.
- The COBIT 5® Product Architecture.
- The IT management issues and challenges that affect enterprises.
- The 5 Key Principles of COBIT 5® for the governance and management of Enterprise IT
- How COBIT 5® enables to be governed and managed in a holistic manner for the entire enterprise.
- Understand the key concepts in a Process Capability Assessment and the key attributes of the COBIT 5® PAM (Process Assessment Model)
- How the COBIT 5® Processes and the Process Reference Model (PRM) help guide the creation of the 5 Principles and the 7 Governance and Management Enablers.
At the end of this course, participants will gain competencies in:
- Key challenges of using IT
- IT governance concepts and benefits
- COBIT 5® framework, principles, and enablers
- Relationship between stakeholder needs and governance
- Implementation approach for COBIT 5®
- Structure of the COBIT 5® process-reference model
- Governance and management domains
- Components of COBIT 5® processes
- Need for capability assessments
- COBIT 5® ISO/IEC 15504 approach
- Application of COBIT® 4 maturity model approach with COBIT 5®
- Other COBIT 5® enablers for IT governance and management
Exam Requirements :
- 50 Questions
- 40 minutes
- Closed book
- 50% pass required