ITIL® Capability Modules
The ITIL® Service Capability training series offers a deep level of understanding of the process activities, execution and use throughout the Service Lifecycle. Each ITIL® Service Capability Module is a free-standing qualification, and comprises one of modules that lead to the ITIL® Expert Level certification in IT Service Management.
The Service Capability series is focused on role based clusters in a modular set, each with a certification. Each cluster contains groupings of processes and roles from within ITIL IT Service Management, intended to offer candidates a balanced knowledge of ITIL® practices which have direct interaction and dependencies in their daily use.
ITIL® Capability Modules are for the indiviuals who wish to gain intense, specialized, process-level knowledge in one or more process, with focus on the day-to-day execution of ITIL® practices, the Service Capability modules will be of interest to you.
Some individuals may wish to concentrate on one stream of modules, however candidates may also choose to select modules from both Service Lifecycle and Service Capability streams to gain a holistic view of an entire stage from both a high level management level and the detailed, technical perspective.
Target Group for the ITIL® Intermediate Capability Modules
These qualifications will be of interest to individuals:
- who have, or are seeking a role that is focused in a particular area of ITIL® practice, that has fairly well defined boundaries of responsibility
- who have an interest in, or require specialized, detailed process level knowledge
- who wish to gain qualifications that offer intense, specialized knowledge in one or more process areas of ITIL® Best Practices
- who are looking to achieve a superior and well balanced knowledge of all ITIL® Best Practice areas through ITIL® Expert Level qualification, for which these modules and their accompanying credits are required
Pre-requisite Entry Criteria
The following entry criteria must be met by candidates who intend to take any Intermediate qualifications, including any of the Capability modules:
- Candidates must hold the ITIL® Foundation qualification or Bridge qualification equivalent, and
- Candidates must attend an Accredited Training Course or Accredited equivalent
Format of the ITIL® Capability Intermediate Exams
The ITIL® Intermediate examinations test candidates in their ability to understand, apply and analyze a series of components related to the relevant ITIL® practices covered within a specific module.
All examinations include 8 scenario based, gradient multiple choice questions, with four answer options which are graded according to their accuracy.
Each question is supported by a detailed scenario, which describes a specific Service Management or business related situation or problem. Based on the ITIL® core guidance covered by the module and the specific detail within the scenario, candidates should attempt to select the most accurate response from the four presented, that best solves the problem posed.
Candidates who correctly identify the optimum response to the question will be awarded top marks (5); those who select either of the partially correct options will receive fewer marks (3 or 1) based on the degree of accuracy of the option, and those who select the incorrect or distracter option, which contains little or no accurate detail to solve the problem, will receive no marks (0).
The pass mark for this examination is 70% (28/40) and the exam duration is 90 minutes