ITIL® Lifecycle Modules
Each ITIL® Service Lifecycle Module is a free-standing qualification, and comprises one of modules that lead to the ITIL® Expert Level certification in IT Service Management. Each module of the Service Lifecycle series covers an introduction to the Service Lifecycle, the principles, processes, functions and activities within that stage of the ITIL® Service Management Lifecycle, as well as technology and implementation considerations.
ITIL® Lifecycle Modules are for the individuals who wish for a management/team leader role in your company that requires a broad management focus of ITIL® practice areas and work across teams or manage multiple capability areas, the Service Lifecycle modules will be of interest to you.
Some individuals may wish to concentrate on one stream of modules, however candidates may also choose to select modules from both Service Lifecycle and Service Capability streams to gain a holistic view of an entire stage from both a high level management level and the detailed, technical perspective.
Target Group for the ITIL® Intermediate Lifecycle Modules
These qualifications will be of interest to individuals:
- who have, or are seeking a management or team leader role that requires a broader focus on the management of ITIL® practice areas and their interaction across the Service Lifecycle
- who work across teams or manage multiple capability areas,
- who are looking to achieve a superior and well balanced knowledge of all ITIL® Best Practice areas through ITIL® V3 Expert Level qualification, for which these modules and their accompanying credits are required
- who are simply seeking a better grasp of the business fundamentals that drive the need for IT services and justify investments and who have a primary interest in ITIL® from a Lifecycle stages perspective.
Pre-requisite Entry Criteria
The following entry criteria must be met by candidates who intend to take any Intermediate qualifications, including any of the Lifecycle modules:
- Candidates must hold the ITIL® Foundation qualification or V2-V3 Bridge equivalent
- Candidates must attend an Accredited Training Course or Accredited equivalent.
Format of the ITIL® Lifecycle Intermediate Exams
The ITIL® Intermediate examinations test candidates in their ability to understand, apply and analyze a series of components related to the relevant ITIL® practices covered within a specific module.
All examinations include 8 scenario based, gradient multiple choice questions, with four answer options which are graded according to their accuracy.
Each question is supported by a detailed scenario, which describes a specific Service Management or business related situation or problem. Based on the ITIL® core guidance covered by the module and the specific detail within the scenario, candidates should attempt to select the most accurate response from the four presented, that best solves the problem posed by the question.
Candidates who correctly identify the optimum response to the question will be awarded top marks (5); those who select either of the partially correct options will receive fewer marks (3 or 1) based on the degree of accuracy of the option, and those who select the incorrect or distracter option, which contains little or no accurate detail to solve the problem, will receive no marks (0).
The pass mark for this examination is 70% (28/40) and the exam duration is 90 minutes.